Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Podcasting Teacher

I recently discovered a new podcast called the Podcast for Teachers. I have found it be interesting and to contain very relevant information for me as I prepare to both teach and be involved with technology. The first podcast of theirs that I listened to was episode 49. The most interesting part of this episode was an audio comment called in by Dr. Joselyn Todd who teaches at the Cary Academy in North Carolina. She has had students do project that involve both podcasting and vodcasting. Here are two links to some of their projects: link1, link2.
She talked about the pros and cons of doing both podcasts and vodcasts. It was cool to listen to the firsthand experience of someone who has done these kind of projects with 7th grade students. I am so interested in doing podcasts with my students, it is really encouraging to see the work others are doing.        
As each week goes by, I get closer to getting my new black Macbook and to starting my own podcasts. I can't wait to get started myself so that I'll be ready to get my students up and running with their own podcasts hopefully by the second or third week of school next Fall when I start teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home