Monday, August 28, 2006

My Apple Store Pilgrimage

This weekend I made my first ever visit to an actual Apple store. Salt Lake City has an Apple store at the Gateway mall. The store was smaller than I had expected, but really cool nonetheless. I really enjoyed playing around with the black Macbook of my dreams. One thing that I was a little confused about was whether or not all the applications that I saw on the new Macbook come standard with it, or if some had been installed for demonstration purposes. Apps like iWork, OmniOutliner, and Apple Remote Desktop are ones that I am very interested in and would be very happy to have when I buy my Macbook.
Another thing I discovered during my visit was that they have some awesome printers available for purchase. Many of them were part of a fall promotional sale during which they end up being free with a rebate. The thought of getting a scanner, copier, printer for free with my purchase of a Macbook was enough to make me want to make a purchase now as opposed to in March.
I need to find out if I can get the educational discount at that store, or if I can only get it if I make my purchase at the bookstore here on campus.
It was a good way to pass my day while my wife and kids were out of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home