Tuesday, August 15, 2006

More Podcast Ideas

So I am still brainstorming (ideating) various ideas for podcasts that I think would be fun for me to do, and would be interesting for listeners.
First, is "The Child of '79" podcast. I would talk about things that happened in 1979 (the year I was born). I would also talk about what people who are famous today were doing that year. Music could be reviewed.
Second, is the "Music for Geeks" podcast. I would scour the internet and my geek network to find the music that is fit for geeks. I think that music that talks about technology and geeks is interesting also. I could also discuss music that is being made by geeks.
Third, is the "Record Preservation" podcast. As I was reviewing the Audio Hijack Pro software that I mentioned in my last post, I discovered a feature of that software that will allow the user to bring in and record music from records. I think it would be great to digitize the records I own. A lot of the older music which is on records has never been digitized and put onto CD's. It would be interesting to listen to that old music. I would attempt to round up a good number of records, and feature a different record on each episode of the podcast. I would be a way to share and preserve that music.
Lastly, I got an idea from my recent obsession with the music of Death Cab for Cutie. What if I hosted a podcast about Death Cab for Cutie and their music. I could discuss biographies of the band members, the history of the band, tour information and the background behind their songs. It would be an interesting fan podcast.
Anyway, I'm just trying to keep my creative juices flowing. The more ideas I come up with, the closer I will be to hitting on something really popular. I want to be prepared when I get hardware that is up to the task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home