Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Looking for Hosting

I have been dying to run a website or two since I learned how to write html back in March, and have since learned the finer points of xhtml, css, and some javascript. I want to write a blog under my own domain and post pictures and other fun stuff. I have also had some fun business ideas along with my wife that we have wanted to explore. However, as I have noted in previous posts, my financial resources are severely limited at this time of my life. I am finishing up my last year of college and we are expecting our 4th child.
I listen to a podcast called Matt's Today in History. In some of his recent episodes, he has had a promo at the end for a hosting service called bobohost.com. It sounded promising, so I started looking in to it this morning. It appears to be very reasonably priced and would be suitable for what I am looking for. I will for sure be talking to my wife about the possibility of doing something very soon.
I also wanted to mention another hosting service I ran into a few weeks ago after visiting the website of Bre Pettis. I really enjoy the video podcasts he has done for Make magazine. The hosting service he was promoting was called dreamhost.com . The main thing I found compelling about their hosting was that for one fee of $8/month you could host unlimited domains. I'll probably just start out with one website and see how it goes from there. Then if I get into multiple domains, I'll go with dreamhost.
I am excited about what's going on with the web right now and want to make a contribution to the conversation. Hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home