Thursday, July 06, 2006

Money Limitations

Too often I find that I am limited in what I am able to do in technology because I don't have sufficient resources in the form of money. I have ideas for websites that I want to start and run, but I don't have the extra cash to pay for hosting. Although hosting is fairly cheap, when you are really poor, that doesn't matter. I have ideas for electronics projects that I want to build and play around with that also have yet to be built because of funding issues. Some days it really bugs me because I feel my own growth and learning are being limited.
Then yesterday I had a talk with the director of the international student teaching program here. I want to do my student teaching in Juarez, Mexico, but I don't think I will be able to because of my financial situation. It totally sounds like I can get into the program and it would be an awesome experience.
Why does money have to be the limiting factor? Why can't I pursue my dreams? I have even had some great ideas that could possibly make money for my family, but just getting those proposals started takes money, which I don't have.
So if anyone out there reading this has extra money on hand that they would like to donate to a future high school technology teacher who would greatly benefit from it, feel free to contact me. In the meantime, I'll keep writing my ideas down until the funds are available to turn those dreams into reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home