Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Computer Code Book

I do custodial work at a law school, and today as I was taking out the garbage, I noticed in their recycling bins they were throwing out a lot of big, old legal books. One bunch was titled "United States Code Service". I thought that was an interesting title (not that I would ever read one of these books. But I got to thinking about an alternative use for them. I came across this link in my RSS feed reader a few weeks ago about altering books to use them in a more creative way. I thought it sounded like fun, but had yet to come up with my own unique idea about what to do myself. I have gotten into coding Java, xhtml, some javascript, and a little AppleScript. I'm thinking what if I buy a cool bright marker, and write helpful bits of code or other things that might help me out with my coding directly on the pages of this book? That could be cool. Also, I think I'll carve out little nooks and crannys in the back pages of this thick book in which to store the markers I use to write in it with. It will be a great reference book to lug around with me. Storing helpful things on my Powerbook is great, but not too unique or personal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home