Monday, August 14, 2006

Podcast Ideas

So this morning as I was working my thoughts turned entirely to the subject of podcasting and the anxiousness I feel to teach it next fall as I start my teaching career. I listened to a review of the Audio Hijack Pro software on the MacVoices podcast with the CEO of Rogue Ameobae software. I'll play around with Garage Band to see what it can accomplish with making podcasts, but I also plan on buying Audio Hijack because of the added functionality it would give me and my students.
As far as preparing myself to teach this subject, I have a lot to do. I have never made a podcast, so that's a place to start. My current laptop (the mighty Powerbook G3) is not up to the task, in my estimation. I'll have to wait until I purchase my new Macbook in February or March of next year. Then I'll get my website up and running, while at the same time figuring out the whole hosting and FTP things. Then I'll set up podcast hosting with libsyn. I figure I'll probably want to produce at least 10 podcasts utilizing various formats and styles before class starts in the fall so as to have a base from which to guide my students, many of whom will probably never have heard of podcasts before.
I will of course host my own podcast independent of my class' podcast. My ideas today for podcasts were and "Ideation" podcast where I would maybe sit down with some of my students or others and just discuss ideas on all topics. Another was to do a podcast where I would share some of my favorite audio clips from podcasts I listen to on a regular basis. I haven't heard anyone doing this yet. Another one I thought of was a mothering or parenting podcast which would be a discussion between my wife and her mother on all topics relating to parenthood. That's what they talk to each other on the phone about everyday anyway. It could be interesting or valuable to others.
I love podcasts and am excited to get creative with this new medium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home