Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dreaming of a Macbook

I told my daughter Miranda that as soon as I get a new computer she can have my old G3 Powerbook to play on. Every couple of days or so she asks me if I have gotten my new computer yet. She cracks me up.
My dream laptop is the new black Macbook with 2 gigs of RAM and a 100 gig harddrive. My plan is to buy one for myself at graduation time next April. I want to be getting myself organized on it before I start teaching next Fall. I can't wait to see the speed improvement over what I am currently using. Sometimes I am surprised at how much and how often I use my laptop. I take it literally everywhere with me. When I first got it I had the mistaken perception that if I didn't have Microsoft Word on it, it would be pretty much worthless. As if word processing is the purpose for which computers were created and are being improved. Apple's text editor takes care of me just fine in that area. Let me list a few of my indispensable applications: Mail, iCal, TextWrangler, Eclipse, MacJournal, iTunes. I love having my whole life on my laptop. Less paper means more organization in my life. My addiction to podcasts is also greatly facilitated by the iTunes application.
When I start teaching it is my goal to get the school that hires me to buy me a 250 gig external hard drive so I can back up all my data frequently and also an external monitor so that at school I have more screen real estate to use. I can't wait!!
Patience Miranda you'll have your G3 Powerbook before you know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home